Denis Prokofiev, head of the medical department and internal medicine physician, warned Russian citizens of the danger of the rotavirus, which could infect them while relaxing on the seashore.
He said: "This virus should not be considered a harmless disease, because the consequences can be the most serious.
He recalled that a 7-year-old girl fell into a coma due to the rotavirus that she contracted at sea in Turkey, where it entered the digestive system and passed through the small and large intestines.
He said that the entry of the virus into the small intestine disrupts the absorption of fluids. There are varying degrees of dehydration. The most dangerous of them is the fourth stage, when the patient loses 9% of body weight and fluid volume. The primary symptoms of the disease are diarrhea and nausea. The virus most often affects children.
In such cases, he ends up being transferred to the intensive care unit. The result can be fatal.
The risk of contracting rotavirus increases when eating unwashed fruits and drinking dirty water. Therefore, it is very important to follow the sanitary rules.
The ways to deal with this disease are first and foremost the use of saline solutions, and drugs that absorb toxins in the intestines.
Source: Komsomolskaya Pravda https://r.rtarabic.com/vy9m